Multistage Pumps use multiple impellers with either diffusers or volutes to generate more head than single stage (single impeller) pumps. This is achieved by developing high pressures with a single centrifugal pump by including multiple impellers on a common shaft within the same pump casing. Internal channels in the pump casing route the discharge of one impeller to the suction of another impeller. Available in horizontal and vertical orientations. These pumps are used in hi-rise booster pump systems, boiler feed, condensate as well as others.
Multistage Pump casing may be split radially or axially. Axial thrust may or may not be balanced out, depending on design. Impellers are enclosed design with diffuser or volute casing.
Multistage Pumps apply to higher pressure services such as boiler feed water, condensate, pipelines, reverse osmosis, and decaling.
Multistage Pumps pump water and relatively thin liquids (won't pump thicker oils). Normally not used for liquids containing solids. Available in alloys for corrosive services.
Multistage Pumps are the best way to get high pressure with a centrifugal pump. Thrust loads may be lower than single stage designs..
PumpMan Multistage Pump Repair Services:
- Onsite troubleshooting
- Removal of Multistage Pump from jobsite (If required)
- Complete disassembly and inspection including non-destructive testing and precise measuring.
- Bead blasting and thorough cleaning of all Multistage Pump components and parts
- Multistage pump parts fabrication or rebuilt (As necessary)
- Shaft repairs and replacement to manufacturers specifications
- Impeller trim and precision balancing
- Special Coatings
- Stainless steel hardware
- Machine shop fully equipped providing professional rebuild capabilities
- Motor analysis, rebuild, repairs and replacements
- Delivery and installation as requested
PumpMan can repair, rebuild, redesign, or upgrade your Multistage Pump to get it back in service as quick as possible with the reliability that you expect. We stand behind every rebuild or repair with our 100% workmanship guarantee. PumpMan’s Planned Maintenance Programs create peace of mind and system longevity.